These Mini Bell Pepper Turkey Nachos are a delicious snack or dinner that is both filling and delicious. With very few ingredients, these can be made quickly for a nutritious meal that is Paleo and full of healthy nutrients. Enjoy!
For whatever reason, I’ve recently been craving ground turkey. While it is a fairly strange commitment, I never been able to tackle many tasty recipes with this healthy meat, but I’ve been wanting to give it another shot. While a delicious snack, these Mini Bell Pepper Turkey Nachos were perfect for a dinner that filled us up and made us feel comfortable with our healthy decisions.
Prepping for an early dinner post-workout, Ray and I made these in under 30 minutes. Paired with a glass of wine, they were the ideal way to bring a protein into our diet without bringing in too many unhealthy carbs or “bad” calories like some of our go-to taco nights. These will definitely be in our usual rotation as of today!
Mini Ball Pepper Turkey Nachos
Prep Time: 5 minutes, Cook Time: 15 minutes; Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3 Medium to Large Peppers (any color)
- Ground Turkey (1 lb)
- 1 Packet Taco Seasoning
- Optional Toppings – parmesan cheese, onions, crushed red pepper, salt, pepper, anything else you might be interested in
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and slice the peppers into small slices on a pan covered in foil.
- Heat ground turkey in a skillet over medium heat until fully cooked through. Add taco seasoning and mix well.
- Evenly distribute the “taco meat” (ground turkey mixture) on each pepper slice and add any relevant toppings. Put in the oven for 15 minutes on the middle shelf. Serve warm.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Do you have any favorite recipes featuring ground turkey?
What snack foods do you use as healthy dinner replacements?
Create a great life!