Eating a Baked Egg in an Avocado is a delicious way to mix up your breakfasts. Enjoying the early morning nutrition of the egg, combined with the almost 20 healthy nutrients of the avocado, you’re instantly starting your day off right! Scroll to the bottom for the recipe if you’d like to get there immediately.
Full disclosure with this post. I had an entirely different one planned on the calendar. But I burnt them and the recipe turned out terribly. So I instead decided to go with an older recipe that I used to make at home regularly. It’s simple and tastes wonderful. But what’s even better is that it mixes up my mornings and kicks the day off with a wonderful start.
My mornings are relatively leisurely. I watch the morning news podcasts, enjoy a cup of tea , and figure out my plans for the day. Basically, my current routine doesn’t leave me wanting to get up to make breakfast. Because of that, this tasty delicacy has been left by the wayside for many years. It’s the perfect time to pick up this warm breakfast to enjoy on these cooler days, too!
Baked Egg in an Avocado
Prep Time: 5 minutes; Bake Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 1 adult
1 ripe avocado
1 tablespoon fresh basil
Salt & pepper to taste
- Loaf Pan (< Less than $6!)
Directions (High Altitude)
- Preheat Oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Slice your avocado in half lengthwise and scoop out the pit. Cut out a bit more of the center of the avocado to create a small bowl.
- Place the avocados in the corners of the loaf pan so that they don’t top one way or the other. Carefully break one egg into each half of the avocado. Your egg will likely overflow – if so, cut the excess membrane off along the perimeter of the avocado. (I decided to cut it off over the sink to immediately rush the excess membrane down the drain, but feel free to cut it off in the loaf pan instead.)
- Put the eggs into the oven for 15 minutes or until the membrane is white and the egg is fully cooked. Upon taking the eggs out of the oven, sprinkle salt, pepper, and fresh basil on top.
Enjoy! There are a variety of ways to eat your baked egg in an avocado :
- Enjoy immediately if you like a runny yolk
- Set aside to allow to cool, but the yolk will be a bit harder, as the egg is still cooking in the avocado
- Put in the refrigerator to cool down the avocado, but again, your egg will be a bit harder
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What is your favorite way to enjoy your eggs?
Do you have a preferred, go-to breakfast that you eat most weekdays?
Create a great life!