2015 was my first year filled with blogging. I had technically started back in August 2014, but there was no consistency in posting or plan to expand the Semi-Sweet Tooth brand. I started this space purely a a creative outlet and loved the optimistic positivity of the blogging community, but never thought I could make this into something, But because of YOU, SST is more than just a festive hobby. Your support means the world to me, and in return, I am looking forward setting goals that will (if all goes as planned) make this space more informative, inspirational, and FUN than ever before.
Because I like to view SST as more of a community than an individual’s blog, below are the high-level goals I’ve set for 2016. I’d love to hear your thoughts! Please share what you’d like to see in this space in the coming year. More recipes? In! Fashion? Alright! Workouts? Sounds like a plan to me! Can’t wait to hear what you guys think.
1) Stay constantly committed to the original vision of Semi-Sweet Tooth by creating a great life through fitness, food, fashion, and fun. As this little space has grown, I’m learning that it is difficult to say “no” when opportunities come knocking. But it’s important to me that I only share information that I truly believe in. My goal is to stay committed to this promise, and please keep me honest if you ever see me sway.
2) Be a positive place on the internet. There’s enough negativity in the world, and I hope that this blog brings optimism to your blood and a smile to your face!
3) More strategically align the blog and SST Instagram. I started my Instagram account just over three months ago after deciding that the blog was definitely going to be a permanent fixture in my life and deciding to integrate it into further facets of my life. And it has been a blast! It’s expanded the SST community and has allowed me to share aspects of my life that would have not, otherwise, fit within blog content. I’m hoping that I can align the two further to bring a similar audience to both formats across the next year.
4) Be more organized with my content calendar. Right now, I run the blog in a similar style to a media calendar. As an example, you’ll usually spot recipes on Tuesdays and a newly created workout on Wednesdays. However, as you can see, this is relatively high level. I’d like to find a way to plan posts a bit more in advance, when possible, so that all content plays together seamlessly.
5) Focus on “evergreen” content. This is a term that I just recently heard, meaning that the content will stay relevant over a long period of time, such that it is evergreen. As an example, a random weekend catch up is only relevant for a short period of time, whereas an easy recipe for vegan cookies is something that can last and be shared in a relevant manner over time. Of course, I’ll never completely remove the personal catch ups and information from the blog, but more evergreen content has the potential to bring awareness of SST to a broader audience, thus expanding the community and positive conversation/collaboration.
Of course, I do have more personal goals to share, but those will all be shared in stride. But, for now, I am incredibly excited about the year ahead and cannot wait to see what life has in store. As usual, champagne CHEERS to what I’m certain will be a wonderful year!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
If you have a blog, what are your blog-related goals for 2016? If you don’t, do you have other goals you’re planning to accomplish?
Do you have any suggestions or recommendations for content you’d like to see on SST in the coming year?
Create a great life!