This meal is quick and easy to make, includes a boat load of nutrition, and a huge assortment of great flavors. I’d recommend enjoying on a night when you’re looking for something on the lighter side. Side glass of vino is optional.
Last night, Ray and I got home from work and realized that our meal planning had gone awry. We had forgotten to thaw the chicken we had planned on eating, which left us with options of a frozen pizza or eating out. Since neither of those made sense with our schedule or health goals, I tossed together an assortment of vegetables and added some egg for protein. In case you need a night with a light, easy-to-pull-together meal, check out the instructions below!
– 1 Red Pepper
– 1 Orange Pepper
– 1 Green Pepper
– 1 Yellow Onion
– 3 Cloves of Garlic
– 2 Eggs
– 1/4 Cup Mozzarella or Parmesan Cheese
1) Prep – Medium dice the peppers, small dice the garlic and onion, pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees (F)
2) In an oven safe skillet (if you have one), heat a small amount of oil on High until hot. Add the onion and garlic, stirring occasionally ~5 minutes or until the onion is lightly browned and fragrant.
3) Add the peppers to the skillet, as well as salt and pepper to taste. We decided to use seasoning salt instead of our usual sea salt for a little added flavor. Stir occasionally another ~5-10 minutes or until peppers are softened.
4) Remove from heat and move vegetables to a microwave safe dish if you don’t have an oven-safe skillet. Make two small bowls in the assortment of vegetables and crack the eggs into these divots. Top with the cheese and put in the oven. Leave in the oven 7-9 minutes (high altitude), or until your eggs are at your desired level of doneness.
5) Serve on two plates and enjoy!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
When you’re looking to make a meal in a hurry, is there a specific recipe you gravitate towards? If you have one on your blog, feel free to share the link below! I’d love to check it out. 🙂
Create a great life!