Back in the day, I used to make cake batter cookies as my go-to hostess gift. They’re incredibly easy to make and are always devoured in a short amount of time. But I was floored when Julie over at Peanut Butter Fingers used the same recipe to make cupcakes. I can’t believe hadn’t thought about trying this out before!
I brought these over to my friend Stephanie’s house where she and her husband Evan host Ray and I for pumpkin carving every year. They were the perfect, festive addition to the crock pot tacos Steph and Evan had prepared. Yummin!
– 1 box of spice cake mix (pro tip, get a moist cake mix if you spot one)
– 15 oz. can of pumpkin
Directions (adapted from Julie’s)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
2) Combine spice cake mix and pumpkin together in a large bowl until a thick batter emerges. Both ingredients should be completely mixed.
3) (Low altitude) Spoon batter into muffin tins and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean. (High altitude) budget 25-30 minutes.
4) Allow to cool and top with vanilla icing and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
These are incredible and will be enjoyed by all. They’re already gone and I’ll be making a second batch this week. (If any of my coworkers are reading this, get excited for my 1 year workiversary!)
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What’s your favorite way to enjoy pumpkin across the Fall holiday season?
Create a great life!