This S’mores Ice Box Cake is the perfect alternative for those of us that don’t have fire pit handy in the backyard. Combining all of the delicious flavors of a traditional s’more, but cooling it down and making it accessible in our home has been the ideal summertime treat!
I’ve been seeing S’mores Ice Box Cakes everywhere lately. However, for whatever reason, I’ve also noticed that folks have been making the recipes incredibly detailed and I felt they were far too difficult for what I was wanting to create.
So I made my own!
This S’mores Ice Box Cake is the perfect treat to celebrate the end of summer. No need for a fire pit if you don’t have one. And so easy to make that you can create this last minute on a hot summer night.
Forewarning you that I pretty much ate this whole cake before Ray got home. And no, it’s not healthy. But it is delicious. If you’re making/eating a S’mores Ice Box Cake, let’s be really honest and remember that the tasty factor is a lot more important.
S’mores Ice Box Cake
Prep Time: 30 minutes; Refrigerate Time (inactive): 6 hours
Total Time: 4 hours & 30 minutes
Serves: 12 (unless you eat it all first!)
- Chocolate instant pudding
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow crème
- 1 cup Cool Whip (can I put this into every recipe?)
- 3 sleeves of original graham crackers
- 4-5 regular Oreos (feel free to use milk chocolate Hershey bars instead if you’d prefer)
- KitchenAid KHM512ER 5-Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer, Empire Red (though mine is teal)
- Pyrex Basics Clear Oblong Glass Baking Dishes, 2 Piece Value Plus Pack Set (still on sale!)
- Pyrex Prepware 3-Piece Glass Mixing Bowl Set
- Wilton 570-1121 Easy Flex 3-Piece Silicone Spatula Set, Blue
- Create the instant pudding according to the directions on the box. This will be your chocolate layer. (You will also use the hand mixer during this step.)
- In one of your mixing bowls, combine together the marshmallow crème and Cool Whip. I also used the hand mixer for this step.
- In your 2 quart glass baking dish, line the base with a single layer of graham crackers. You may have to break a few into halves to make sure that they remain in a single layer. Using your spatula, spread half of the chocolate pudding in an even layer on top of the crackers. Add another layer of crackers, followed by half of the marshmallow crème mixture. Repeat these layers one more time, ending with the marshmallow crème on top.
- Crumble your Oreos in an even layer on top. Toss in the refrigerator for at least six hours or over night to let the flavors soak a bit into the graham crackers. Enjoy! This deliciousness will last just under a week.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Have you made s’mores yet this summer?
What’s your favorite summertime food?
Create a great life!