You know those days where you kinda’ want to be healthy, but you also know that you’re kinda’ wanting some chocolate? Thus is my life. But also, these Oatmeal Chocolate Fudge bars (no bake, obviously) are delicious, with that little slice of nutrition that you’ve been looking to include in your meals.
As usual, I made sure that this was a simple recipe, and it only took me ~20 minutes to make! (I know for certain, because I would have otherwise been late to my eyelash extension appointment. Important note.) These are crunchy and delicious, with a melt in your mouth chocolate center that is hard to ignore.
We enjoyed these Oatmeal Chocolate Fudge Bars on the night before we left for wedding weekend. They were the perfect way to celebrate the start of our festive week-long celebration!
Oatmeal Chocolate Fudge Bars
Total Time: 20 minutes
Serves: Makes ~25 bars
2 3/4 cups quick oats
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 of a. 11 oz bag of milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup honey
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Salt to taste
Small glass pan
2 medium-sized, microwave safe bowls
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the honey, 1/4 cup of peanut butter, water and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.
- To the bowl, add the oats and a bit of salt. Mix well until everything is evenly combined. (As I’m certain you can guess, I dug in with both hands to make this part of the process move faster.)
- Line your glass pan with the tin foil. Pour about 3/4 of the mixture into the pan and spread evenly. Use the spatula to push this mixture down further to completely pack the oatmeal.
- In the other bowl, carefully melt the chocolate and other 1/2 cup of peanut butter. To do so, put in the microwave in 30 seconds increments, stirring together to combine in between. Stir longer than you think is necessary. I only had to microwave twice.
- Pour this evenly on top of your oatmeal mixture and spread further with your spatula.
- Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture on top of the chocolate. Put in the freezer to harden and store chilled for up to one week. Enjoy!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What is your favorite healthy / non-healthy dessert?
Create a great life!