With the Summer around, I’m typically in one of two very dramatically different moods. 1) I want all the sweets and burgers and everything that I imagine at the metaphorical barbeque that we’re having everyday. 2) I need all the healthy foods I can find in my life. This Healthy Thai Beef Salad is a perfect combination of the two.
Similar to most of the recipes on the blog, this one does allow some flexibility. We had several carrots available, which is why we used a lot of them. We had leftover sautéed red onions from the previous night, so we tossed those in. Look at the raw vegetables that you have in your fridge and feel free to work with those. If you’ve chosen the recipe during meal prep, then I love what we ended up working with for this healthy Thai Beef Salad meal.
Healthy Thai Beef Salad
Prep Time: 10 min, Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Serves: 2 adults
– 4 cups spinach
– 1 package ground beef
– 2 teaspoons ginger (if you’re using fresh ginger, go with a 3 inch root)
– 3 large carrots sliced
– 1/2 red onion sliced
– 1/4 cup shredded carrots
= 3 green onions (sliced leaves)
– 3 teaspoons EVOO
– Salt, Pepper, & Crushed Red Pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the sliced carrots and onion slices on one baking sheet with 1 teaspoon EVOO spread evenly on the pan. Place in the oven on the middle shelf. Leave in the oven until step 3, but at maximum, leave for 1 hour.
- Heat the other 2 teaspoons EVOO in the large pan on medium-high. Once warm, cook the ground beef. Use the spatula to completely break it apart so that it cooks a bit faster – note that you want the pink to be completely gone once the dish is completely. Salt & Pepper to taste. Add Crushed Red Pepper as desired.
- Once the beef is almost cooked, move the carrots and onions from the oven to the pan. Stir to combine. Allow to sit for 3 minutes or until the onions become fragrant.
- Add in the ginger to the pan and stir to evenly distribute. Allow to sit for another 3 minutes, stirring sporadically with your spatula. Before removing from heat, stir to confirm that the beef is completely cooked through.
- To plate, place two cups of spinach on each plate and top with the beef and vegetables from the pan. Top with sliced green onions and shredded carrots as desired. Enjoy!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
In the summers, do you prefer BBQ meals or purely health-related foods?
Create a great life!