I’ve recently had a massive hankering for sweet potatoes. Mashed sweet potatoes, sweet potato burgers, and last, but far from least, my favorite baked sweet potato fries. These are much healthier than traditional fries, and I feel completely comfortable having a whole potato to myself (no sharing from this 1/2 only child!) So, if you’re in the mood for some healthy, tasty sweet potato fries, then read ahead!
Materials Needed – Serves 2-3 people
Two very dry, large sweet potatoes
Freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
1) Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
2) Cut off the ends and slice the sweet potatoes. We start by cutting the potatoes in half, then slicing the long way into 1/2-3/4 inch thick “fries.”
3) Spread the fries out on a large baking sheet before tossing on the olive oil, as well as salt and peppering to taste. Then mix together so that the fries are evenly coated.
4) Align the fries evenly on the baking sheet without allowing them to touch. Put them in the oven for 15 minutes, making sure that they’re the only thing in the oven.
5) Pull out of the oven and flip. Then toss them back in the oven for 10-20 minutes, depending on your altitude and desired crisp.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What’s your favorite healthy alternative to a traditionally unhealthy recipe? Am I the only one obsessed with sweet potatoes recently?
Create a great life!