This mini vegetable quiche recipe is a delicious way to pack a healthy source of nutrients for on the go. They’re simple to make and can easily be made ahead of time to provide a healthy snack or breakfast to fit into your busy schedule. Let me know what you add into the recipe in the comments section below!
When I was prepping for the Pinterest Party this past weekend, I wanted to plan a recipe to make in advance and figured that something healthy might be in order. Often, when I look at Pinterest, the best looking recipes are some crazy pancake or french toast concoction. Knowing that we would likely be well-stocked in the bread department, I decided to make something that I would be putting on Pinterest this week (messing with the system) and made these delicious Vegetable Quiches!
The best part of this recipe is that it’s completely flexible to whatever you have in the kitchen. I used asparagus, peas, and carrots, but go ahead and toss in potatoes, peppers, or whatever veggies you happen to have available.
100-Calorie, Gluten Free Vegetable Quiches
Prep Time: 30-minutes (done in advance); Cook Time: 20-minutes
Total Time: 50-minutes; Yields: 12 muffins
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup shredded carrots (chopped a large carrot because I think they’re a bit more fresh than pre-shredded carrots)
- 1/2 cup sliced asparagus
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup of leftover roasted potatoes from the night prior
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray the muffin pan with cooking spray. (I’ve heard from multiple sources that you want to spray liberally when baking eggs, so I did. It worked out well for me.) Mix all vegetables together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, crack all eggs and whisk lightly, Add salt and pepper to the eggs to taste.
- Separate the vegetables evenly into each cup. For me, they were each about 1/2 full. Top the vegetable mixture with the egg mix. Divide out evenly until each cup is about 3/4 full. Top each cup with a small pinch of cheese (the full combination is shown above.)
- Bake on the middle shelf for about 15-20 minutes. You’ll know that they are completely done by the lightly golden color and that no egg will come out if you test a toothpick in the center of the muffin.
- Allow to cool with 10 minutes and enjoy warm. Feel free to refrigerate and reheat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Extra delicious with a little ketchup or hot sauce on the side.
What are your favorite make-ahead recipes to make for a potluck?
Create a great life!