This year is, for obvious reasons, going to be a different Valentines Day than it has been compared to the past several years. While Valentines Day can absolutely be kind of a “trigger” reminding me about the past year of events, I am incredibly grateful that I have an fantastic group of girlfriends, as well as a new, recent +1, that I’ll be celebrating with this year.
Other than getting my nails done and a delicious steak dinner, I have very few other plans for today’s celebration, but here’s what I do know…
These Almond Flour Funfetti Muffins will definitely be included.
Moist (I said it) and delicious, plus incredibly easy to make, these are the perfect addition for Valentines morning, or for any time that you want a quick and sweet snack. They can also be made in a wide variety of ways. Feel free to subtract the sprinkles, add in chocolate chips, add in your favorite dried fruits, whatever your heart desires! (Pardon the pun.)
Baking with Almond Flour Versus Regular Flour
Before we dive into this recipe specifically, there are a couple of differences that you should be aware of when you’re baking with almond flour versus regular flour.
For one, the texture is different. Almonds are high in fat, which means that any baked goods that use almond flour tend to be a bit more moist than when you use regular flour. This is great for delicious delicacies, such as muffins. But it would likely not be a great match if your trying to make a baked good that is thick and crusty.
Also, know that baked goods made with almond flour will likely not rise as much as their regular flour counterparts. Plan for this when you’re making your muffins, as they won’t expand out of your muffin tin as much as you might be used to otherwise.
Almond Flour Funfetti Cupcakes
- 2.5 cups Honeyville Almond Flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup butter softened
- All the rainbow sprinkles your heart desires
- In a bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients (almond flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, and sprinkles.) Combine thoroughly, making sure that all of the chunks of almond flour are broken up to be like the even sands of the Serengeti.
- Separately, combine together the wet ingredients (eggs, vanilla extract, and butter) making sure that the combination is smooth.
- Slowly pour in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, making sure that all of the ingredients are combined and all of the dry ingredients are fully coated. (I am lazy, and therefore used my hands to make sure that everything was fully combined.)
- Coat your muffin tin with either a quality spray or use your fingers to coat the inside of the tin with oil, making sure to get the sides and corners of the cups, as well. Divide the dough into equal portions within each of the cups. Feel free to toss a few sprinkles on the top of each portion of dough, too… because why not.
- Bake in the oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes if you’re at a high altitude. If you’re at a lower altitude, I would suggest baking at 350 for 15 minutes. Check consistently starting around 10 minutes into baking time and you’ll know that they are done when the muffin tops are a golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Win a Year’s Worth of Almond Flour!!
In partnership with Honeyville, I am judging a contest this week and I would love for YOU to be involved!
All you have to do is submit your favorite almond flour recipe for a chance to win a YEAR’S WORTH OF ALMOND FLOUR and 3 ELANA’S PANTRY COOKBOOKS.
At the end of the competition, the winner of each week (there are five weeks to enter) will be entered into the final, popular vote contest to WIN $500.
** Hint: I’m judging this week, so say that you heard about the contest from Semi-Sweet Tooth and I’ll give you a shout out. 🙂 **
Note: This content was sponsored in partnership with our friends at Honeyville. Thank you for all of your support that helps to keep this blog running!!
To learn more and to check out how I’m celebrating this Valentine’s Day, follow along on Instagram to be the first to hear about all of the fun.
Create a great life!