Maybe I’m the only one, but I’m just now discovering the miracle that is peppermint oil. It originally came up at work when someone said they had a headache. Then again, when someone said they felt a cold coming on. “I have some peppermint oil,” was all I kept hearing, so I finally had to admit to the team… I had no idea what they were talking about.
After asking a couple of questions and doing some research myself, I found out that there are a HUGE variety of uses for peppermint oil, all of which I knew nothing about. In case you’re totally in the dark like I was then check out 10 of my favorite uses below. I haven’t tried any of these, so please let me know if you’ve tried any of these before, or if you have any suggestions related to peppermint oil or essential oils in general.
1) Relieve a headache by rubbing peppermint oil on your sinus or temples. Help relieve a tension headache by also rubbing on the neck.
2) Help bring down nausea or indigestion. Inhale the scent to help stop nausea instantly. For indigestion, rub a small amount of peppermint oil on your abdomen in a circular pattern.
3) Keep ants and spiders out of your home by making a barrier of peppermint oil. Put some oil on a cotton ball and wipe around the areas they are entering your home such as doorways or windows. They won’t cross the barrier.
4) Create an invigorating bath by adding a few drops of peppermint oil to warm bath water. (Sounds amazing, amIright?!)
5) To help alleviate motion sickness, rub a small amount that has been diluted onto the insides of your wrists.
6) Peppermint oil can help with hot flashes. Just add a few drops to a spray bottle of cold water and spritz on your body where necessary.
7) Add a few drops of oil on a cotton ball placed in the bottom of your trash can to keep it smelling fresh. (We’re going to have to do this thanks to Blue Apron.)
8) Add a few drops of oil to herbal tea to help aid digestion.
9) Diffuse peppermint oil mid-morning to curb the desire to snack.
10) Mix half lavender essential oil and half peppermint oil to stop a bug bite itch.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What are your favorite uses for essential oils? I’ve never been a big essential oil person, so I’m excited to try some of your favorites out!
Create a great day!