Follow me:

Where are your favorite places in the world?

Help a girlfriend plan a vaca, would ya?

If you’ve been reading for even a week, you know that I’ve been bitten by the Wanderlust bug for several years now.  Trust me when I say that I am not complaining one bit.  That being said, for the FOURTH YEAR in a row, I have tried booking Machu Picchu too late.  That’s right.  The trail is booked for yet another year.  The Peruvian government only allows 500 people on the trail per day, about 40% of which is tourists, the other 60% are porters and guides (you’re not allowed on the trail without being in a group.)  But, as of now, the entire trail is booked up until rainy season (aka, they’ve given away all of their passes)… and then the trail is closed for a month for rehabilitation… and then it’s March.  I guess MP will have to stay a dream until then.

machu-picchu-peru

By: Todd Adams


That being said, I now have time approved off to travel and nowhere to go.  So, help a girl out… where have been your favorite places to travel?  I’d love to read and look into any suggestions you have – please share them in the comment section below.  I can’t wait to learn from your experiences!

Create a great life!

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

4 Comments

  • Reply Jamie

    I really loved exploring Germany, Sweden, Finland, and Norway. But my dream vacation is to Greece, Croatia, and Italy. I hear you on getting the travel bug… I’m hoping to plan a big trip for next spring. Fingers crossed it all works out : )

    June 3, 2015 at 9:54 am
    • Reply semisweettooth

      Great ideas! Croatia and Italy are beautiful!! Croatia is actually where a lot of the Italians go for their “Spring Break” type trips, so that’s kind of fun! It’s been a while since I’ve been to Germany, so that’s definitely a possibility, and I haven’t been to any of the others – so consider them on the list!

      June 3, 2015 at 12:36 pm
  • Reply stateeats

    I loved Australia. And of course Europe is fantastic. And you can’t beat any Hawaiian Island. -Kat

    June 9, 2015 at 8:13 pm
    • Reply semisweettooth

      Sounds like you’ve been to several amazing places! I think we’re thinking some form of Europe this time around. Not certain on exact locations – may visit friends, may do something more low key – but either way, it’s always nice to step away and center yourself for a week or so. 🙂

      June 10, 2015 at 9:25 am

    Leave a Reply