Once I made the original Pesto Grilled Cheese for this post, I have not been able to turn back. With the perfect blend of two cheeses creating a special mixture, and the pesto meshing perfectly with the bread, it will be hard to consider an original grilled cheese ever again.
Scroll to the bottom to get to the recipe immediately, or keep reading for a quick catch up.
Jumping at the Opportunity
Throughout my life, I have often been scared. Scared to jump at the opportunity, or nervous and too unsure to take the next step. I’ve fought through those battles, and still regularly do, but I say this because I want you to know that I’ve been there.
Now, I’ve found in working with clients, that there are many of us that go through the same, exact thing. We claim that we’re waiting to deliver perfection, or we say, “now isn’t the right time.” But here’s the truth:
Waiting for perfection is a form of procrastination.
Don’t be the one that feels “stuck” or “lost.” Be courageous and know that your unique gifts are not meant to sit idle.
There will be several opportunities that come your way in your life – maybe even right now there’s one sitting for you. Excuses will always exist, but opportunities will not.
JUMP at those opportunities that fill your veins with excitement. Those are your dreams just waiting for you to take action!
Simple meals are always the best ones in my book. And sometimes, like when I’m (spoiler alert!) rebranding and crafting a new offering for you guys, I need food fast. Thus, the most creativity I’m willing to throw into a meal becomes new versions of my favorite classics.
This Pesto Grilled Cheese has become a staple meal in our household at this point. It’s simplicity makes it comfortable, but the updated ingredients give it that extra “umph” to make it stand out in the crowd.
Pesto Grilled Cheese
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 1 sandwich
- 3 tablespoons healthier Basil Pesto
- 3 slices of fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 slices of Rye Bread
- 1/2 Avocado (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled Blue Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Spread half of your Basil Pesto on one side of each slice of Bread.
- On one slice of bread, on top of the Pesto, layer the Mozzarella Cheese, Avocado, and Blue Cheese. Then top it with the second slice of Bread with the Pesto facing inwards.
- Heat the two tablespoons of Olive Oil in a pan on medium. Once the oil is hot, add the sandwich. Press down lightly on the sandwich, until the bottom slice of bread is golden brown. Flip the sandwich and do the same on the other side. Enjoy immediately!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What are your favorite, QUICK meals to make?
How do you gain up the courage to take advantage of opportunities coming your way?
Create a great life!