This series highlights recent finds that I’ve enjoyed across the week, including food, products, and entertainment. This week, I’m highlighting the best in blogging and beauty that I’ve found in the recent past.
Please note: While I was not compensated for any of the below, the content does contain some affiliate links. As always, my family and I thank you so much for your support!
Good morning, and happy Friday! I hope the sun is shining by you and that you’re looking forward to a beautiful weekend ahead.
We have a pretty low key weekend planned around here, with Ray taking a class tomorrow and my attending a Miami University alumni event on Sunday. Other than that, we’ll just be enjoying the start of the Olympics here at home!
But now let’s dive into some of my favorite finds across the week.
Food Entrepreneur Summit – In my past 5+ years of blogging, there have been very few classes, discussions, or conferences that have made me flip a 180 on my blog’s direction. The Virtual Food Entrepreneur Summit is an exception.
With 22 videos from rock stars in the blogging industry (see: Katy Widrick, Lindsay Cotter, and Jessica Merchant, just to name a few), this virtual summit has opened my eyes to new possibilities, while also helping me to direct and focus my over-arching blog narrative.
By far, this summit has been the best expense I have spent on this brand to date, and it’s already paying off! ($97)
Please reach out with any questions on this, because I can’t sing this summit’s praises enough!
Perricone MD Skin & Total Body Supplements – I’m not a huge fan of taking medications or pills, feeling like my body is healing itself in the way it needs most at the time. (Of course I’ll go to the doctor if I’m sick for an extended period of time or if something feels “off.”) But that doesn’t mean that I’m not a fan of vitamins and supplements that help to provide my body with the vitamins it needs to be on point.
These nutritional supplements are a large portion of Dr. Perricone’s 3-Tier approach to healthy aging and beautiful skin. From personal experience, I can say that it helped my skin look healthier and, perhaps as a side effect, helped my overall system feel more energized.
If you’re not into nutritional supplements, I’ve linked to some of my other favorite Dr. Perricone products below, such as moisturizers and serums. I’m a big fan of his work.
- Perricone MD No Eyeshadow Eyeshadow – A product that automatically makes your eyes look brighter and more youthful
- Perricone MD Intensive Pore Minimizer, 4 fl. oz. – A light exfoliator that minimizes the look of pores and helps to keep that fix for the long term
- Perricone MD Firming Neck Therapy, 2 fl. oz.– My neck is where I show the first signs of aging, and this keeps those symptoms at bay
- Dr. Perricone’s 7 Secrets to Beauty, Health, and Longevity: The Miracle of Cellular Rejuvenation– Provides background on Dr. Perricone’s top, proven secrets across the industry
Boka – If you ask Ray, one of my quirks (that I’m sure is adorable) if how committed I am to good dental hygiene. After years of braces and spending a lot of time making sure my smile looks on point, I’m fully committed to keeping my chompers ready to go.
With options to subscribe or to recieve a one-time dental kit, you can opt to recieve a whole new dental set every three months – including a toohbrush, toothpaste, and floss. They have options for an adult set, electric toothbrush set, and a kids set – great way to get them to change their toothbrushes when they’re younger!
After trying a set of Boka products, all of which were great, my favorite product in the regimine would be their floss. It doesn’t break, expands slightly to reach hard to get spots, and glides easily between my teeth. Two very enthusiatic thumbs up!
- 20 Things to Cross Off Your Summer To-Do List (The Local Lifestyle)
- We decided to loosely throw together an Olympic Opening Ceremonies get-together based on this party (Cupcakes & Cashmere)
- 100+ Funny Things to Say to Siri (Hubpages)
- How to Feng Shui Your Bedroom (Visual.ly)
- The actual 1973 Giving Tree cartoon, narrated by Shel Silverstein (youtube)
Past Semi-Sweet Tooth Favorites to Check Out
- How to prepare for a hike (beginner)
- 100 calorie, gluten-free vegetable quiches
- How to decide where to go on vacation
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Do you have any favorite blogging resources to pass along?
What’s your favorite part of your morning routine?
Create a great life!