I’ll be honest. While I’m a big vegetable fan, I rarely even think about green beans. But when I popped by the farmers market this weekend and green beans were freshly picked, I knew this was the perfect week to bring them into our repertoire. But, rather than just cooking them plain, I decided that a little extra flavor would be preferred. After seeing what we had available in our home, the garlic green beans with bread crumbs was born.
– 1 bunch of green beans (we had around 5 cups)
– 1/4 roasted garlic bread crumbs
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 4 cloves garlic
– 1/2 tablespoon seasoning pepper
– 2 cups water
– salt & pepper to taste
1) Wash green beans thoroughly and cut off both ends
2) Mince garlic and put in skillet with olive oil on medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until just starting to brown. Stir often.
3) Add 2 cups of water and green beans to skillet. Spread out evenly and leave for 10 minutes or until bright green.
4) While green beans are heating up, combine bread crumbs, seasoning pepper, salt, & pepper in a small bowl.
5) Once green beans are done cooking, drain completely and put in medium bowl. Pour dry seasonings into bowl slowly to coat green beans evenly. Top with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese if desired.
6) Enjoy hot alongside your dish of choice. We picked chicken off the grill and a bit of rice. Yummin!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What’s your favorite vegetable of choice? Do you have a favorite way to prepare green beans?
Create a great life!