I am INCREDIBLY honored to say that I have been nominated for the Creative Blogger Award by the always wonderful Constructing Carrie. Carrie’s blog is completely inspirational – focused on gratitude and balanced well-being. Plus, follow her on Twitter if you love Disney like every human being should. She’s there now and her updates are a blast!
According to how the Award began… it’s “for those who bring unique and creative elements to their blogs. For those who incorporate art, music, creative writing, photo’s, and other beautiful visual effects into their website. For those who put a unique spin on things and come up with new ideas. This award is for the artsy, the funky, the inventor, and even the rebel. This award is for those creative individuals who stand out from the crowd."
If for any of those reasons, then I’m guessing Carrie nominated me for my unique spins on things. I’ll take it! 🙂
- Thank and link back to the person who nominated you (mention your nominator in your own award post with a link back to their original award post, which would be this one).
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate other bloggers and comment on their blogs (usually on their about page or contact directly if necessary) to let them know.
To my facts!
1) I have a not-so-secret, recent obsession with apples and peanut butter. The combination just feels so fresh going into the Summer! And I say not-so-secret because I’m certain my neighbors at work are sick of the crisp apple crunching sound they have to hear everyday. 🙂
2) I have six nieces and nephews. They are smart, beautiful, and all incredibly athletic. The last part definitely doesn’t relate to me. You can read about my lack of hand/eye coordination here.
3) Other than my family and friends, the thing I miss most from Chicago is the lake. If you’re not from there, you wouldn’t expect it, but there’s a great sailing culture surrounding Lake Michigan! I’m looking forward to finding something similar here in Denver this summer.
4) I’m not kidding when I say that I am madly in love with Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen. Being one year older than me, they have been the perfect idols year after year. Making it in show business, to now still winning award after award for their business acumen and trend setting ways with their various fashion labels (including Womenswear Designer of the Year at this month’s CFDA Award.) Ugh… they’re amazing.
5) This is no surprise if you’ve been reading my blog for a while, but I adore the show Fixer Upper. If you haven’t seen it, check it out on HGTV. If Chip and Joanna Gaines don’t instantly sway you with their fantastic taste, then they will with their awesome dynamic with one another.
6) According to this article from Time Magazine, my name would be Emma if I were born today. Click the link and let me know what your name would be in the comment section below!
7) I always like to feel close to 10 minutes from ready to have people over. My home may not be spotless, but we’re seconds from being able to have our place presentable. I may not look pulled together now, but with a quick swipe of mascara and tossing on a “go-to” outfit, I could be ready to go. Plus, it never hurts to have some cheese and crackers and a bottle of champagne on hand for when the mood strikes! (The below picture is from our first night in our new home in Denver, where we only carried the essentials.)
…AND NOW FOR MY NOMINATIONS! (Carrie did five, so I will, too. 🙂 )
1) Jen from The Nautical Wheeler
2) Lauren & Esther from Dit-Elle
3) Tatyana from Fashion Up to Date
4) Erin from Erin eating Everything
5) Charlene from Charlene Chic
This is maybe 1/1897256 of my list of favorite blogs, but I think that each of them really brings creativity and a new voice to their various fields. Check them out!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Do you have any favorite blogs that you recommend I check out? Share a random fact about yourself – I can’t wait to learn more!
Create a great life!